Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Engineering the Wet Pants

Having worked in the Engineering field for 20+ years, I have a pretty good understanding of what it takes to design stuff like this, and I have the highest respect for those Engineers that really push the limits of functional design.

Now, having said that;


I love a good Roller Coaster, and I’ll get on one every chance I get.
But….I’m not sure I’d get on this “Devil Ride”.

With a record-breaking height of 420-feet and record-breaking speed of 120 mph, Top Thrill Dragster (I would have called it something like “Satan’s Last Laugh”) thrills riders this summer at Cedar Point in Ohio.

































I'm sure this last picture is probably pretty common.








And I know I wouldn't care about the wet pants,
cause I'd be DEAD.

No comments: